Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Empties Reviews #1

I know that this isn't a Beauty Blog, but I do love to read a good product review now and then - especially 'Empties.' I've actually only seen Empties Reviews done as YouTube videos, but I didn't see what was stopping me from doing it on my blog. 

Incase you don't know what an Empties Review is, it is where a vlogger (or in my case, blogger) keeps the bottles and empty packages of things they have used up recently. Then when they have a few, they review each product, sometimes briefly, sometimes more in-depth. I love Empties Reviews because if somebody has used the whole product up, they have a very good idea about how the product works and has a very honest opinion of the product.

I am not an expert on all things beauty, so my reviews will be pretty brief. I'll just describe my thoughts of the product and wether or not I'd purchase it again.

Enough ramble! Let's get started!

Garnier Skin Renew BB Cream
I was not 100% pleased with this product. There is very few color selections and it did not match my skin very well. It left my skin a little shiny looking, and I fixed that with some pressed powder. I used it on days I wanted lighter foundation. It also tended to come off easily if you touched your face at all during the day. All in all, it did it's job, but I doubt I'll buy it again.

Tresemmé Fresh Start Dry Shampoo for Straight/Normal Hair
Again, this product did it's job but I still wasn't very pleased. This was my first time buying dry shampoo so I just picked one for straight hair. I found that I needed A LOT of product to get it to actually soak up the oil in my hair. Then I had to let is sit FOREVER for it to dry before I could rub it in, then I had to fight with the white residue (that most dry shampoos have) to blend into my dark brown hair. I think that my next dry shampoo purchase will be a different brand. Any recommendations?


Equate Oil-Free Makeup Remover
I LOVE THIS STUFF! Really, I do. I've boughten it more times than I can count, sometimes my mom will just buy me a few bottles because she knows I'll go through them eventually! I find that it takes my makeup off so easily and the price isn't bad either. I would definitely give it a try! I already have bought another bottle.

Olay Pore Minimizing Cleanser + Scrub
I received this from a friend when it was about half empty because she decided she didn't like it. I gave it a shot and was quite pleased! Some face washes tend to leave my face feeling "tight" or "dry." This one didn't at all. I just felt clean after using it! I'm not sure I'll purchase it again (well for the first time really) right away, because I have another face wash I  like more that I'm using currently (see below), but I'd definitely recommend it!

Aussie Heat Protecting Shine Spray
I don't have much to say about this product. I feel like it did it's job, it didn't smell funny and I liked that you put it on wet hair. However the spray nozzle wasn't the best and it drove me crazy. I was given a CHI heat protectant by the same friend who gave me the Olay face wash and it is still really full so I won't be needing to purchase any for quite a while!

Got2B Guardian Angel Flat Iron Balm
This smells terrible... I can't stand it. There is probably 1/4 left of product left but I just couldn't take the smell any more. It lingered on your hair all day. This was a spray that you put on dry hair right before heat styling, so your hair was a little damp when you used the heat, which resulted in a little sizzling noise (no matter how much or how little I used) that really unnerved me. I thought it was supposed to protect your hair, not fry it more!! It also started building up on my flat iron and that bothered me too. If you can't already tell, I will not be repurchasing this, nor would I recommend it.

Olay Fresh Effects Shine, Shine Go Away 
This stuff is great! I bought it along with the Olay Fresh Effects Va Va Vivid face scrubber, and I am convinced the combination of the two really helped clear up my face! I still get some acne around my chin, but thats it! Much better than the full face breakouts I used to get. I have quite oily skin and I can tell that this definitely reduces shine throughout the day without drying out my skin. I have already purchased another bottle of this and am happily using it twice a day! 

That's all the products I have for you today! Let me know if you liked this kind of post and would like to see another when I have saved up some more "empties."

Thanks so much for reading my blog and I LOVE to hear your feedback, so please feel free to leave comments on any of my posts!

Ciao, Robin Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment