Sunday, March 24, 2013

Quick Update + TOMS Redo

Hey there!

I know... I have been MIA for quite a while! I was on spring break from college, then came back to school going full swing. I have quite the packed schedule for the next few weeks. I am going through the process of changing my major, I'll let you know how that goes. 

Anyhow, I bought my first pair of TOMS in February of 2012 and fell in love with them. I wore this pair everywhere and wore them out quite quickly. I now have a total of three pairs, but that first pair was looking a little worse for wear. 

I wish I had a picture, but alas I do not. They had holes in the toes and the heels, much like the ones in this picture.


I decided I wanted to cover my TOMS in fabric to make them look brand new like in this tutorial found on Pinterest

I decided I wanted some Seersucker fabric and could not find any anywhere. I was about to resort to some other type of fabric, when my mom and I were at a thrift store in my home town over spring break and I found these beauties.


Beautiful aren't they?! GIANT seersucker pants(I think they are supposed to be capris)! Just the type of fabric I was looking for and more that enough yardage to cover my shoes. And for only $4! What a deal! 

(actually you can see my sad looking TOMS in the background) 

I must say my mom was quite confused when I said I wanted to buy those pants! 

After coming back to school and buying some fabric glue and thin white ribbon, I got to work!


Sadly, I did not think to take pictures during the process of covering my shoes, but I will show you the final product!

Drum roll please!!!!



Aren't they beautiful!? I am very pleased with how they turned out, even though it was very frustrating to get the stripes lined up exactly right.

Let me know if you have ever done a project like this!

Have a great day!




No comments:

Post a Comment