Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Room Makeover

While at college this past year, coming home was always a huge treat, but coming home to my messy, not-very-cute, room felt like a chore. 

I decided that I was going to change that and make my room into a place where I love to be.


 Here are some of the "before and after" pictures. I am so happy with the results!




The walls are "Beautiful Bisque" by Glidden and the interior of the bookshelves are "Seafoam" also by Glidden.



I have a piece of plywood in that window because it is right next to our front door. Like anybody coming to our house could see right into my room and I hated it. I had blinds for a while, but they let in too much light at night, because the front door lighting fixtures are right there as well. 

I am so happy that I decided to turn that piece of plywood into a chalkboard. I love it so much.  It is handy and practical. 


I had the goal to remove clutter everywhere in my room and I really feel like I succeeded! 


This is the gallery wall that I created. I am so pleased with the way it turned out. I painted the painting in the middle my sophomore year of high school. The picture is from my 2009 trip to Seattle. I used Command Strips to hang everything except the painting. I put a nail in the wall for that. 


I created a lot of these pieces in high school. If you want to see a post about my art, let me know!


I just love the way these pearls look withe the wire of the dress. It's just another little detail that I love about my new room.

I know that I will love to come back to my room after being at college next year!

Let me know what you think! Do you love it as much as I do?

Ciao, Robin Malia



No comments:

Post a Comment