Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Why I Blog

I have been doing this blog for a few months now, and I have started to become more serious about it and making sure I post regularly. I love reading about other bloggers and why they decided to start a blog. This post has been a long time coming, but here it goes.

I began my freshman year of college this past August and it was a crazy whirlwind of new experiences. I was away from home, I was taking the hardest classes I had ever taken and I didn't really have any friends. I chose to go to a school where none of my friends from home were going to force me to make new friends, but I didn't do a very good job at first. 

I spent a lot of time alone in my dorm room watching YouTube videos and reading blogs. The more blogs I read, the more I felt like I had somebody to relate to and that I wasn't alone in the scary world of college. Around November of that first semester I thought maybe I should start a blog, but I was a little nervous and couldn't think of a good name. 

Eventually my friend Natalie and I came up with "Me, Myself, Malia." Malia is my middle name and I absolutely love it. I was born in Hawaii (thats another story) and Malia is a Hawaiian name. 

In January, I set up my Blogspot account and got started. At first, I didn't post on a very regular basis. For two reasons: Classes were even harder than first semester AND I had made some great friends, Erin and Amanda. 

Now, I am home for the summer and I am able to dedicate some time to writing posts and taking nicer pictures of things. I have decided to keep my posting regular, and so that my readers know when to expect a post, I will be posting on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays. This number might increase and time goes on, and I might have a surprise post every now and then, but I feel like this is a great place to start being really dedicated to my blog.

At first I didn't really know what kind of blog this was going to be, and I didn't want to label it something, then have to stick with it and not enjoy it. Now that I have been posting strictly what I want to post and having fun doing it, I see that my blog has become somewhat of a Lifestyle/DIY hybrid. And I love every part of it.

I hope you enjoy reading my blog and I would really appreciate it if you would follow me on Bloglovin'. It's completely free and it will allow me to connect with you guys more. 

Have a wonderful day!

Ciao, Robin Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment