Thursday, October 10, 2013

California Bound

So, if you can't tell from the title, I'm heading to California for fall break! 


I am a peer leader for a campus group made of  freshman that focuses on alternative forms of energy. Interesting, I know. 
Now, how that relates to California. Every other year there is something called the Solar Decathlon and this year it is being held in Irvine, California. 
Universities from all over the world build houses that run completely off the grid, then the houses are judged to see which one is the best all around. 
While this sort of thing isn't my major, or what I intend to do after college, I still find it really interesting. 
We are also going to have some time to do some sight seeing in the area and I'm super excited. I'm hoping to get to go to the aquarium. I just love fishes!

What have you been up to? 
-Robin Malia 

No comments:

Post a Comment