Monday, February 25, 2013

Lesson Learned...

Have you noticed that people normally only do blog posts and YouTube video tutorials on "At-Home-Hair" successes? I can't say I was very aware of the fact until my own "At-Home-Hair" DISASTER.

I had medium-long brown hair and decided I wanted to ombré dye it. I watched 1,867(ok maybe not that many) YouTube videos and read countless blog posts about "how easy it was" and "it is impossible to mess up." 

So I went to the store, bought some hair dye, locked myself in the bathroom and did everything they said to do!

Well, I guess I did something wrong. Because I WAS NOT happy with my results. It was just so upsetting. I did not know what to do, because dying over it would have been difficult to find the right color, then I would have to deal with roots and I don't have the money or time to get my roots done all the time. (Hence, one-time ombré hair)

So, the next day I went to the hair dresser and had all of the blonde cut off. 6+ inches gone. Just like that. I was not happy with short hair either, but hey, at least it actually looked good. 

I had spent 2 years growing out my hair and here I am, back at square one, but I learned my lesson. Only hair dressers should touch my hair. 

I decided to post this so there is at least one post about hair disasters out there on the web. 

Let me know about your "At-Home" hair experiences!

This is my hair about 2 months before the disaster. My hair grows quick (luckily) so it was about 2 inches longer. (and one side looks longer, but I think my head was crooked.)

(No pictures of my ombré disaster were taken, I didn't want  that recorded forever!)

My now short hair. It has grown about an inch since I got it cut. It doesn't look bad I just REALLY miss my long hair. Oh well.

Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. I love your short hair it really suits you! Can't say I've ever had an at home disaster touch wood!

    daintydaffs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete