Wednesday, October 23, 2013

California Roundup

So, as you know, I went to California over my fall break. I expected it to be awesome, but it was much more mediocre. I really was looking forward to a relaxing break from school, but the trip actually was pretty far from relaxing. Being in a leadership position, I felt like I had a large responsibility over the students in the group. I know they are all over the age of 18, however I know their parents would not have appreciated their children disappearing in Orange County, California. I don't always handle stress well, especially when I am out of my element, so I ended up feeling a little panic-y at times. 

Ok, lets move on to the positive parts of the trip! 

I loved the Solar Decathlon. As you know, I really like interior design, so getting to see all the houses and how they were decorated was awesome. 

We also went to Laguna Beach one night for dinner and we got to the beach right as the sun was setting. It was absolutely beautiful. 


I'm so glad I got to put my feet in the Pacific Ocean once again. It doesn't happen often enough.


I did get a picture of the Hollywood sign. It was neat to see, however I was mid-panic, so I couldn't appreciate it as much as I would have liked. 


Here is a picture of the whiteboard I have on my door with some thoughts on Cali. 



I think I want to start writing more things on the board, maybe once a week, what are your thoughts? 

Love y'all!
-Robin Malia

No comments:

Post a Comment