Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Easy DIY Christmas Gifts

Hey Guys! It's been a while since I posted! I took exams, moved back home and started work again. It's been an adjustment! 

Now I finally have a day off to sit down and write a blog post or two. I'm so glad, I missed it. I have been taking pictures of things I do so I can blog about them eventually. Better late than never, right? Anyhow, I mentioned a few posts back that I had made my good friends at school Christmas presents. Now that they have opened them, I can share them with you all!

First, for Erin, I was inspired by this pin. Erin grew up in Tennessee and she talks about it a lot. I knew something like this would be perfect for her. I had a hard time photographing the presents without getting a glare on the glass, so bear with me. 


I bought a frame that already had a mat-board in it, then a piece of glitter scrapbook paper and another piece of scrapbook paper that complimented the glitter paper well. I then printed out a map of Tennessee and then traced the shape on the glitter paper and cut it out. I cut an itty-bitty heart out of paper and put it over her home town. Then I grabbed a glue stick and put everything in its place. 

For Amanda, this is the pin I worked from. I know Amanda always keeps her ticket stubs from any movies, concerts, etc that she attends. I saw this and felt that it would be a great way to put her memories on display. Any time she is feeling nostalgic, she can shake the frame and see what tickets float to the top. 


For this gift I bought a shadow box and some pretty scrapbook paper for the back. I also bought letter stickers for the "Admit One" but after I stuck them down I realized I could have just done hand lettering. Either way works fine though! I threw in one of my old movie tickets when I wrapped it up so she would know what it was for when she opened it. Since then, she put all of her tickets in and I love the way it looks.

These are two easy gifts that mean a lot and don't take a lot of artistic ability if you are lacking in that department. I know Erin and Amanda both loved them and I am so glad I took the time to make them instead of going to the store and buying something.

I hope your holiday seasons are full of joy!

Love y'all, Robin Malia


No comments:

Post a Comment